Oh tumeric, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1. Supports brain health.
2. Combats dangerous inflammation.
3. Increases the antioxidant capacity in the body.
4. Lowers the risk of heart disease.
5. Helps prevent and treat Cancer.
6. May be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Relieves Arthritis pain.
8. Benefits against Depression.
9. May help delay aging.
Tumeric Rice with Coconut Milk
Vegetarian, Vegan, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium heat for several minutes. Add carrot and onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add dry rice and garlic; continue cooking 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in water, coconut milk, turmeric, 1/4 tsp. salt and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is hydrated. Note: check occasionally to see if more water is needed.
STIR in lime zest and juice; fluff with fork.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Prepare with brown rice, checking package for length of cook time and amount of water needed.